NOW Accepting Applications For 2017-2018!
Applications for our Elementary Program are being accepted! Applications to join our infant, toddler and primary waitlist are also being accepted.
What makes us special...
Our property is home to a very large play yard and stunning children's garden. Additionally, the school is uniquely positioned next to 36-acres of native forest, that includes over 2 miles of hiking trails, beautiful Woods Creek and tributary and a giant wildflower meadow!
Child’s View Montessori School has been serving families in Southwest Portland for nearly 28 years. We offer Montessori education for children ages 3 months through 9 years.
Child's View Montessori School Goals:
- Observe each child
- Assist each child in his/her self-construction
- Encourage critical thinking
- Allow for spontaneous learning
- Guide growing inner discipline
- Strengthen executive functioning skills
- Foster independence, and further, interdependence
- Maintain each child’s natural love of learning
- Model respect for self, others and the environment
- Discover and appreciate the similarities and differences among our world’s people and cultures
- Understand the interconnectedness of all life
- Support the unique developmental journey of each child and their family
- Nurture extended community
- Educate for peace and non-violence
Extra Curricular Activities:
CVMS is proud to host several extra curricular classes on-site! This allows busy families the opportunity to offer their children experiences that support their growing interests, without the hassle of driving to and from various locations. Currently we offer classes from the following partners. Check out their websites for more information: